Greetings from the Campus Ministry Office at Sandusky Central Catholic School (SCCS)
As we quickly approach New Year’s Eve and the countdown to the Ball Drop, I wanted to share my own “count down” of my favorite things about our school. The list could go a little longer, but 10 is the perfect number to share!
- The Catholic Community: I am grateful that SCCS is built upon the generosity of the parishioners of the Sandusky Catholic Community. Thank you for making SCCS great!
- Teachers and Staff: Our faculty and staff members are top notch. Everyone is dedicated to the mission of Catholic Education, while ensuring that we practice the best educational techniques as we meet the needs of each of our students.
- Our Virtue Program: Our Preschool through grade 12 Virtue Program teaches our students human dignity and the characteristics of wholesome virtue. This allows us to attack the root cause of bullying, disrespect and other unkind acts.
- Mentoring: At the beginning of the school year, our students are paired with a mentor. The elementary students have an upper grade buddy who visits their classroom throughout the year to make them feel special and heard. The students in grades 6 through 12 have an adult mentor that they meet with once a month to go through goal setting and to ensure that our students are well taken care of.
- Retreats: Our students in grades 1 through 12 participate in our Retreat Programs connecting with Jesus Christ through the Sacraments, prayer, small groups and each other.
- Teaching Truth: By teaching at a private, Catholic school, we are able to teach the truth about God, and mankind. Through each academic discipline we can explore the truth and diversity of God’s creation.
- Mass and Adoration: Each week our students participate in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. Following Mass, we have Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament in our All Saints Chapel. There is nothing more beautiful than to see a second grade student kneel before our Lord Jesus in prayer.
- The Panther Family: Since we are a smaller school, we are able to take care of each other. The families of our students, faculty, and staff have become a part of my family. We laugh and cry together as we journey towards Jesus.
- The students: I have the privilege to work with students of all ages at SCCS. Whether it is teaching in a preschool classroom, working with the upperclassmen who lead Campus Ministry and House, or teaching the 9th grade students, the students of SCCS bring so much joy, love and laughter to my life.
- Christ is the foundation of our School: SCCS is different by design. We are built upon the rock of Jesus Christ with the intention of forming Christian disciples. I love that all of us at SCCS are proud of our Catholic Identity and as a school we live our mission each day in the classroom and in service to others.
May you and your family have a blessed 2019!
Happy New Year,
Director of Campus Ministry
Sandusky Central Catholic School