The Children’s Liturgy of the Word is a practice of children leaving the Sunday assembly during the Liturgy of the Word and gathering in the Commons to celebrate their own version of the Liturgy of the Word that is more appropriate to their level of understanding.
Purpose of our Program
The Children’s Liturgy of the Word aims to introduce children in Grades Pre-K – 2nd to important aspects of God’s message by:
- Helping them hear the Word of God (Sacred Scripture) proclaimed at the Sunday worship.
- Helping them receive God’s Word in their hearts and respond to it in their family life and elsewhere.
- Leading them in Prayers of the Faithful and Creed.
- Helping them present themselves to God in the offertory (presentation of gifts).
- Introducing to them the aspects of the Good Shepherd program.
We celebrate Children’s Liturgy of the Word at the 9:00 a.m. Mass year around. We would like to extend the invitation to all children grades Pre-K – 2nd in our parish or public schools to come and join us for the Children’s Liturgy of the Word.
The Parish School of Religion ministry is provided Religious Education Director, Laura Bricker. Laura can be contacted at the Pastoral office at 419-625-7500 ext. 1001 or firstname.lastname@example.org.